Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yo Soy Yo


I am a high school Spanish teacher in a small town in South Georgia. I grew up and spent the majority of my life in what I now know should be referred to as The North. After being transplanted here six years ago, I learned Spanish, married a native speaker, and spend most days longing for really good Thai food. On the plus side, I can now cook great tingas, make a variety of red and green chile sauces, know the difference between a Good Ole Boy and a Good Man, and can mumble in five languages (six if you count mangled blessings in Hebrew). I live with my husband, who is named after the saint for October 1st, and my Pembroke Welsh Corgis, who are named after Charles Mingus and John Coltrane. My dream is to live someplace where I can spend the whole summer outdoors in the garden without too many gnats and mosquitoes or too much heat and humidity.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog and entering my giveaway! I've enjoyed reading your biography also because for the past three years I too have been a high school Spanish teacher in a rural high school in NC. There have been many ups and downs as I'm sure you can attest. Thanks again for your lovely comments y mucho gusto conocerte por el internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lois! It's me Lorelei! I need your address and email so I can send you my extra copy of Handcrafted Jewelry! Get in touch with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And perhaps no poisonous snakes...as a favor to those who love you and your dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lois, my name is Patrician, I have a beads shop in Algorta, in the Basque Country, in her we have started giving lessons of Miyuki Delica, my pupils are the whole day asking for schemes and places me where to be able to see things to create, I taught your works to them especially the bracelet "Spring Disc Bracelet" and I was wondering if you might obtain some type of scheme for them or some place where to be able to extract it, I know that it is great to ask but if it is possible that you were facilitating it to me he would be grateful for it to you very much
    Attentivly

    ReplyDelete