Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I've been beading and a little Mexico

...not much.  Not too much beading, and none that has been in front of the camera.  Before the holidays I finished a commission piece (Hi Jordan - that was your piece) that I really love, I made earrings that I took to Mexico for some of the ladies in my husband's family, and I made Diane Fitzgerald's celtic trefoil for my mother-in-law, but had problems with beads breaking (I think I officially hate Delica's ceylon  bead).

None of this was photographed.  I'm not certain what I was thinking other than it was might cold in mid-December just before I left and I do not have an indoor photo booth set-up.  Maybe this is one of my resolutions/goals for the first part of this year.

When I returned home, I started playing around with Marcie Abney's pattern in the latest Beadwork.

Working with her contribution to the Simply Seeds column has gotten me thinking more about how I can combine small patterns into larger pieces.  Repetition.
What is out back behind the house in Mexico
The cacti don't look giant until you get someone in front of them. 




1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you did with that pattern!!!!! Also, I LOVE Mexico, thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete